Thursday, November 22, 2018

Blog Post #10

Blog Post #10

      Surveys for data collecting and reporting are spectacular resources for an educator. This means I can utilize Qualitrics at the beginning of the school year to gather data. In the future, I want to be a high school English teacher for grades 11th and 12th. I can create a Qualitrics to survey my class on which books they would prefer to read, and which genres interest them more. For example, I can have a multiple choice question that asks, "Which horror book would you rather read this October?"

A. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

OR

B. Pet Semetary by Stephen King

      Data from questions like these can them be compiled onto Excel for me to analyze. When looking over their responses, Excel can organize my information so I can interpret the data and average answers. In addition, these two programs can help me get my students more engaged in the classroom by reading books that they like more. This helps me get to know them and their interests before the year lifts off!

      I had an amazing time reviewing my classmates' blogs on Blogger! I thought it was insightful to read their opinions on educational technology. As a future English teacher, I had the privilege of viewing the various other subjects that my classmates wanted to instruct. To also witness their progress and snippets of their projects were interesting. When I saw how the other websites, presentations, and ILP's were laid out, I compared them to mine. The different use of color, information, and layouts were beneficial to analyze the differences in teaching styles. One additional aspect that I loved seeing was the blog on the Tech Sandbox. To see which devices people loved in contrast to mine helped me get to know their interests more as teachers.

      There are so many technological skills that I can learn to better myself as an educator. A particular skill that catches my eye is how to create a podcast or educational talk show. This skill has always interested me because I love listening to them when driving or walking around the Florida State campus. In addition, I believe that discussion and expression of thoughts with other people is extremely vital for educators. To achieve this, I plan to watch YouTube videos and other tutorials on how to start one up. I will get the help of friends who are also educators to be on the show with me. In time and practice, I know that I can create an engaging podcast for discussing educational technology for my school and other teachers across the nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ILP “Design” – Prezi

ILP #2 - DESIGN        For the design aspect of my ILP #2, I decided to create a Prezi power point to practice creating educational ...