Sunday, November 18, 2018

Blog Post #9

Blog Post #9


      The "Flipped Classroom" is a new phenomenon that has turned the original conceptions of education upside down. This is a term that describes the newer method of teaching and instruction in America. Online discussions and activities exist for students to learn at home, while assignments that would usually be done at home get worked on in class with the teacher. This is beneficial because students come to class more prepared and aware of the knowledge they need to know, and can follow up with questions for the teacher in class. Another benefit is that since the "traditional homework assignments" are done in class, the student can utilize their peers and their teacher for immediate assistance. In my eyes, this instructional design is exceptional and I envision using this model for my future classroom.
      Open educational resources (OERs) are various tools that are free to use, modify, redistribute, and so on for the purpose of education. These resources all contain property rights, that can be memorized as the five R's. These include the rights to retain, reuse, revise, remix, and redistribute. An OER can be a document, a lesson plan, and even a video. A OER site that I found fascinating was the Open Education Consortium. This is a website that aims to connect the world through the goal of open education, as it compiles information from over 240 schools. All of this information is free to use the five R's with, as there are open textbooks, webinars, and digital media for anyone to learn with.

      My time creating the two separate PowerPoints has been quite a challenge. I have learned how to edit slide details in the slide master, where I can create multiple slides and customize the layout. I also have learned how to make it where you can disable the "next slide" option so you must click specific buttons to progress. I even learned how to record a voice presentation for the first assignment, as I always wondered how I could do that. Following that, I have discovered how to format pictures with text to make the slides easy on the eyes for an audience to read and follow along. I loved creating the content for both projects, but dislike how long it took me to do them. These assignments were interesting to play with, but for next time I must learn how to work faster instead of spending hours trying to adjust options. Another positive aspect was that I felt as if I was really an educator making these power points for my students. This put me in the role of a teacher wanting to make an exciting game for his class. In addition, next time around I can include more images to make the content more engaging!




No comments:

Post a Comment

ILP “Design” – Prezi

ILP #2 - DESIGN        For the design aspect of my ILP #2, I decided to create a Prezi power point to practice creating educational ...